Reasons to have a Newspaper e-Edition
Why do newspapers need newspaper e-editions? For the same reasons they need great Web sites. People are increasingly looking to the Internet for information so they can get all the information they want, when they want it.
But unlike Web sites that can overload a reader with all kinds of extraneous content, the newspaper e-edition
looks and feels like a newspaper, only better.
Here are some specific reasons your newspaper should have an e-edition:
Things to keep in mind:
- According to the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) a digital edition (newspaper e-edition) counts towards any publishers' circulation numbers.
- The cost of generating newspaper e-editions versus printing and postage costs make it a bargain, particularly when PageTurnPro is the e-edition vendor. For as low as $30 a day, PageTurnPro can take information you've already prepared for your print publication and create an interactive newspaper e-edition. Pricing is based on a page counts and integration requirements.
- Readers can translate the newspaper e-edition in seconds into any one of dozens of languages.
- Newspaper e-editions afford readers the opportunity to access archives in an easily accessible, searchable way.
- Using the split screen and dynamic RSS functionality, your readers will have access to the top stories on your Web site 24/7.
- Advertisers see value in being able to reach a broader audience via your newspaper e-edition.
- Top publications around the world are adding e-editions to their product offerings. The business publishing segment already serves 17.4% of its total circulation via digital edition and the newspaper market won't be far behind.
- It's green! No print, no postage, no trucks or cars…just a newspaper e-edition on your screen.
Sadly, print circulation has not been growing in most newspaper markets for several years. The fact is younger generations are not as likely to read a morning paper as a part of their morning ritual as older readers. But that doesn’t mean today’s readers do not want the information contained in a newspaper. In fact they do.
provide the same information (or more) as the print editions but they are available to your readers in a way your readers like to read –- online. Today’s readers like to search, to forward stories to friends and colleagues and perhaps most importantly, they are not patient enough to read full stories if it means jumping around the publication.
Using PageTurnPro, readers can click on any headline and get the entire story without any jumps.
Any finally, let’s no forget the cool factor. PageTurnPro newspaper e-editions
are cool. They look cool; their cool to use and the fact that they’re green is way cool.